Understanding Singapore Customs
Except for the product sectors listed below there are no customs or excise duties on imported goods in Singapore. The primary tax consideration on importation is 'Goods & Services Tax' - 7% as of 1 July 2007.
- Automotive vehicles
- Intoxicating liquors
- Motor Spirit
The customs environment of Singapore has developed and continues to develop in order to complement and facilitate the country's position as a regional trading and transshipment hub e.g. only certain types of goods are subject to import or export licensing and there are no quota restrictions.
Singapore's regional trading position is further supported by its network of bi- and multilateral free trading arrangements.
- Pharmaceutical products - Duty savings opportunities
- "Value Chain Transformation" - Strategic Global and Regional Customs Planning
- Customs Investigation/Audit Management
- Bi and Multilateral FTA - Compliance and Planning
- Customs Valuation
- Customs "Health Checks"
- Tariff Classification
- Supply Chain Security Validation
- Export Controls Verification